WI-HER takes pride in cultivating equitable, respectful, and inclusive local and global partnerships that enhance local led development. We partner with and provide technical support to organizations that share our commitment to localization and diversity, equity, and inclusion as central elements to achieving sustainable and meaningful change.
We take pride in our strong partnerships with national and local governments, global funding institutions and multilateral organizations, civil society and the private sector, and beyond. Our renowned methodology, iDARE, is a tool that drives inclusivity and collaboration. The process brings relevant local stakeholders together — with particular focus on including vulnerable and marginalized groups that are often left out — to drive change.
In every project and program, WI-HER:
- Is results-oriented, always using the most recent local data and evidence to inform and drive change.
- Closes gender gaps to achieve impact across a variety of sectors at the community, country, and global levels.
- Fosters and embeds a culture of localization, equity, and inclusion.
- Establishes a foundation for strong monitoring and evaluation as well as collaboration, learning, and adaptation within and between programs and teams.
- Facilitates south to south learning and cooperation.
- Brings the tenacity and flexibility of a small business to solving any problem.
- Is responsive and adaptive to changing contexts.
- Deeply understands the requirements of a variety of donors, particularly U.S. government funding mechanisms.